Your Stroller Buying Guide
Your Stroller Buying Guide - Having a stroller makes a parent’s life much easier!
When you welcome a newborn in your family, you feel natural urge to buy every tiny thing that can benefit your baby and among all the things, stroller goes without saying. The stroller is important because of the purpose it serves. It makes it easier to transport the baby while you walk and is the best alternative to carrying baby in your arms or on your hip. The stroller is a key piece that is needed right from the start till your kid is able to walk a distance on his own.
We know choosing the perfect set of wheels for your baby is a big and very important task and many people equate it to buying the car. So when you want the best stroller for your baby there are many factors to look upon. As there are many strollers available, it is very difficult to decide which one will best suit your family. There are many different types of stroller available at Little Baby Store Singapore and which one to buy will depend on the purpose you are majorly going to use for.
Like for example if you are an active person who goes on hiking, or regular walking or running with your baby then consider buying a stroller that is sturdy and suitable for all-terrain and look for the model that has features like adjusting and locking wheels because with these features running over varied terrain will be easier.
If you are going to use a stroller for your daily errands or looking to keep it in the back of the car, consider buying umbrella stroller which is lightweight and easy to fold and carry.
Here are the different type of strollers, have a look and see which type of stroller you need. You can find them at Little Baby Store Singapore.
• Standard strollers
You will find many style and design but all of them will have a comfortable padded seat that can recline in varied positions. This stroller has sunshade and storage area below the seat and some stroller will have the baby facing forward while some will have a sitting position where the child will look back at the parents.
• Car seat stroller
This is best if you are traveling by car most of the time as they are very lightweight stroller that can be easily folded and kept in the trunk of your car and it won’t even take much space. This stroller is basically designed to carry a specific type of infant car seats. When you travel you can remove the car seat from its base in the car.
• Lightweight stroller
It is also known as umbrella stroller and can be folded easily. As it doesn’t have much padding it should be preferably used for older babies. This stroller won’t recline fully and doesn’t have much head support which makes it less suitable for infants.
• Jogging stroller
It has lightweight frames and it gives the best and safe ride to pusher and passenger. It is the best choice if you want to take your child on long walks, runs or even hiking. You can also use it on steep hills and navigate over curbs. The jogging stroller is difficult to maneuver up and down the stairs or through small spaces because of its size and this type of stroller can’t be folded compactly as other models.
• Double stroller
If you are planning to have a second kid then buy this stroller as you can carry 2 infants at a time. In tandem models, one child sits behind the other and the other option is a side-by-side model where kids sit next to each other.
Tandem stroller can be easily maneuvered through small and crowded places where as side-by-side stroller can be difficult to carry and move in crowded places.
Along with the type of the stroller, the other next thing to look when buying a stroller is the features of the stroller.
The must have features are as follows:
• Adjustable handle is necessary because if the stroller is going to be used by both parents that it is important that the handle can be adjusted so that it can suit the height of the person pushing it.
• One hand fold is also the most important feature to consider. If you are going to move in and out of the car very often than it is important that it collapse and open up easily with one hand.
• Frame lock feature is must have because it is important that a frame lock naturally into a position so that there are no chances of collapsing.
• Five-point restraint system is important for the child’s safety as the five-point harness is the safest option and comes in most of the strollers. It will secure your baby at the shoulders, waist and between the legs. This will restrain your baby from falling out of the stroller or climbing out when you are not around.
There are many other features that will make your life easier like:
• Cup holder and storage basket
• Snack tray
• Shoulder straps which will let you carry stroller when not in use
• Holder to keep you mobile phone
Check out our range of strollers at https://www.littlebaby.com.sg/collections/baby-strollers-singapore
All contents written by Little Baby