RideSafer Delight - Small
RideSafer Delight - Small
This revolutionary wearable child restraint is lightweight and easy to use - making it the perfect travelling companion for children in taxis and school buses. Designed for children aged 3+, available in four colours, with the optional neck cushion and tether strap included.
Gen5 of RideSafer Delight has just launched and it is a safe and convenient child restraint. Here's why we love it:
- Ultralight; weighs less than 600g.
- Perfect for taxi travel and school bus runs.
- Adjustable shoulder belt guides and shoulder strap length enables optimal fit as your child grows.
- Certified to US crash test standards FMVSS 213.
- Features in-build energy management which helps to dissipate crash forces in an accident across a greater area than just the adult seat belt contact-area (as with a conventional booster seat).
- Optional tether strap (now included with all Gen5 RideSafers) which effectively turns the vest into a harness (like in a conventional car seat) rather than just a seat belt positioning device (like a conventional booster seat). The tether helps wriggly or sleeping children stay in the optimal position for the RideSafer and vehicle seat belt to do their job.
- Gen5 design allows for increased airflow - perfect for Singapore's weather.
- The RideSafer in the size small is for children at least 3 years of age, with a weight guideline of between 13.6kg and 27kg. Please note that the vest is outgrown when the lower 'lap flap' can no longer sit flat on the child's legs. Children do not outgrow the vest by age or weight.
- The RideSafer in the size large is for larger children who've outgrown the small vest (approximately aged 5 or 6+) with a weight guideline between 22kg and 36kg. Please note that the vest is outgrown when the lower 'lap flap' can no longer sit flat on the child's legs. Children do not outgrow the vest by age or weight.
- Please see images for the measurements and dimensions of the different sizes.
What's in the box?
- RideSafer Delight Travel Vest Gen 5
- Crotch strap (optional to use but we recommend you use it if your child is wriggly or if the lower 'lap flap' of the vest rides or flips up frequently)
- Tether strap (now included with all Gen5 vests - if you're purchasing one of the Gen4 clearance vests, the tether is sold separately)
- Neck cushion which is ideal for sleepy kids or if the tether strap gets caught in your child's long hair
- Cool mesh backpack to make carrying your RideSafer as easy as possible (or if you're purchasing one of our limited edition Luxury RideSafers, then the bag has been upgraded - please see images for details)
What accessories can I add to my order when I check out?
- Tether strap (+$20, for Gen4 vests only; Gen5 vests include tethers now), see FAQ below for more information
- School bus accessory kit ($25 when sold separately, or we will include it for free if you buy your RideSafer from us in the same purchase and nominate you're going to use this on a school bus)
RideSafer is certified to the US crash test standard FMVSS 213 which is recognised as a legal child restraint standard by the Singapore Traffic Police
Using the RideSafer Delight without a tether
The RideSafer Delight positions the adult seat belt over the strongest part's of your child's body. It is important to ensure the lower 'lap flap' of the vest (which houses the lap-belt guides) is sitting flat on your child's legs, and isn't riding up onto their hips or abdomen.
Using the RideSafer Delight with a tether
The tether strap hooks onto the vest at the shoulders and attaches to the vehicle's child restraint top tether anchor point. The tether is mandatory if you're using the vest in a seating position with a lap-only seat belt. If you're using the vest with a lap-and-shoulder seat belt, then the tether can help keep wriggly or sleeping children in the correct position so that the vest and vehicle seat belt can do their job in an accident, however crash testing h
When installing the tether, you should tighten the strap to remove the slack, but be careful not to over tighten it, as this will raise the vest and move the lap belt of the seat belt off your child's legs and onto their hips or abdomen.